Search

Thursday, February 18, 2010

One of my Favorite Artist....




PABLO PICASO-
He's always been one of my favorites as cliche as that sounds.
Here's pne of my favorite pieces.
I love the coloring and they way the characters in this scene look so comfortable.
He really paved the way when it comes to me...i look up to his style allot and I strive to be like him in his scene of style.
The sketch is called "Portrait of Francosie" he used pure charcoal and it was done on flat paper. It's usually easier to sketch on regular paper than paper that has pours, only because its easier to smear and push lines, its also easier to create the details and make new shadows.

2 comments:

  1. I really like art as well. Pablo Picasso is a very impressive artist and he really has a way of expressing himself fully. I know exactly what you mean about how common it sounds to say that Picasso is you favorite artist, but it is truly people like him to inspire any artist to some extent. I have worked with charcoal once and I found it very difficult because you cannot erase your mistakes and you have to be very careful about not smudging what you don't want to smudge. That I especially hard for me because I am left handed and my hand always tends to drag over what I have just drawn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You chose to include such beautiful examples. I am also a fan of Picasso - he will never be cliche! I would love to hear about some of your other inspirations...

    ReplyDelete