Search

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Pen the Sword & the Paintbrush



Well we know that the pen is mightier than the sword but where does that leave the paintbrush? Where does that leave the spray cans and clays? Pleanty of times I sit and write about how I'm feeling but that isn't always enough, sometimes I need a bigger canvus than just an 8 by 11 sheet of paper. I always have a big canvus ready for whenever I have the time to paint it. When I paint I feel like I can create new words by using shapes and colours. The paint just flows from me onto what ever I'm painting on. All the surpressed emotions that were in the far regions of my brain just glide from my hand to the clean slate and just like that I'm liberated. Many street artist take this feeling to the next step. They go above and beyound anything I can do. They set goals and standards for themselves that are normally unthinkable to most anyone else...they do this for many reasons. To be heard or seen or understood, what ever the reason you can tell right away just by looking at someones piece how they felt and that emotion is now understood. Hopefully I will be able to post some of my pictures in the nearby feauture so you can see what I mean. I will go into further details in the captions of the photos. Check this link out for some awesome pictures...

2 comments:

  1. heyyy sasha i want to see your skills!!you should try making a self-portrait of yourself under water.Tell me thats not an awesome idea!Except you would need some kind of breathing device and now that I think about it you would probably need things to draw with and on that are water proof.
    As told by Ricky;&

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Where does this leave the paintbrush" - I love this! I am looking forward to seeing some of your work exhibited. In fact, blogs are a great way to get your work and name out there.

    ReplyDelete