Search

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Today's lesson is...



Today is all about cubism. It was the most influential movement of art from 1907 to 1914. Cubism stated in African culture.It was made famous through out time, Pablo Picasso was one of the most important artist of this movement. He was heavily criticized because he was one of the first to get this movement started. I have tried this style and it's not as hard as it seems. If you want to try a canvas of your own all you'll need is, a paint brush, two or three primary colors (paint), and a plain canvas.

4 comments:

  1. I didnt know that an art form that Picasso used was of African origin. It looks preatty cool. My dad is an amazing artist but likes to draw realist paintings like landscapes and pictures of old war scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing I've been in art and the teacher actually taught us this incredible technique. I got very inspired by it and won the art splash in school. With cubes you can draw or paint the most abstract objects ever.
    Love the BLOG love ART! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really find this form of painting so cool. It looks like there are so many intricate details in this works. I would like to try to recreate one of these just to get the feeling of cubism. I am so amazed at how talented people can be. I can only copy a picture I can't create something entirely new.I think that this technique would be hard considering you have to add a third dimension to something that is typically two dimensional.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This form of art is amazing! It's crazy the type of things you could create just by uses a shape as simple as the cube. You might think that it is simple but for me it would probably take a while get this form down.

    ReplyDelete