Search

Thursday, May 6, 2010

SPIN!






Alright guys, last week was sand art this week we're changing projects. Spin art is this weeks topic, also known as blotting. It's an invigorating project. I tried it before and I was infatuated with how free I felt after, I was instantly caught up in the mess and splendor of it all. Try for yourself heres what you'll need:
salad spinner (or a spin art machine)
bottles of paint (washable tempera)
small paper plates 6"

What You Need:
I set my salad spinner on a table in front.
Pick 3 colors and pour them onto the paper plate that you have placed into the spinner. Then you get to spin!
You'll have such fun! No one knows what the outcome will be until I lift the top off of the spinner and then the ooohs and ahhhs begin!
These turn out beautifully!

2 comments:

  1. Is this those funky looking pictures with spots all around and intense designs? Because if it is then this sounds extremely fun to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this idea! This week i've been working on painting this tree for my mom. I found glow in the dark paint that way when we turn off the lights we can only see the different details glowing. THIS cOULD Be YOUR next BLOG! :) LIVE< LOVE<BREATHE ARTTT!

    ReplyDelete